01 January 2012

North London - Parliament Hill - New Year's Eve 2012

Unexpectedly, diamond geezer seemed to have had the same NYE experience I did.

Annoyingly, due to my foot, I didn't make it as far up the hill as he had but I had somewhat of the same experience.

A simple night that at first would have been at the Victoria Memorial, then at Feeling Gloomy, then at Proud Camden ended in a night of drinking at my house and going to find a place with a view in London. Luckily, living North, getting to Parlimant Hill wasn't too much of a mission.

Eventhough I didn't make it to the top of the hill, I still had a decent view with minimal nature-blockage of the London Eye - as well as a view of some fireworks happening down south I presume, and some within the heath itself.

This being my third NYE in London, I'm happy to say I've had a different experience for each one. My first year I went to Ruby Blue in Leiscter Square, which funnily enough had no view at all of the fireworks and was complete shite. The second year I went to the Victoria Memorial, enjoyed the fireworks and then headed to Brick Lane and made my way in to the Big Chill Bar before being fed up with the crowd and going home. This year, we had drinks (lots of drinks + power hour) at home, quickly saw the fireworks, and drank at Southampton Arms near the heath afterwards.

Regardless of how I spent tonight, I knew I would have much to look forward to in 2012.

Here's wishing you and yours a very happy new year! xx

'via Blog this'

4 comments:

  1. Great meeting you in 2011, here's to 2012 and all the fun it has in store for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shared a similar plan to see in the NY from up there too, but, erm, got a bit drunk and never left the house! So despite the foot you still made it further than some....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!!! We only JUST made it there in time for the fireworks as well. Got in to Gospel Oak at 23.56!

    Looks like we both had a boozy NYE - here's to more fun days in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good meeting you too 'Mr Omneo' hehe =p - I'm sure we'll be seeing you soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment dude!

Swimming with this Mermaid